If you don’t follow Slackjaw on Medium, you really ought to. Endless short humor pieces to help you get through your day.
Everyone can read 5 articles a month for free on Medium’s giant library, but if you subscribe for only 5 dollars a month (imagine paying a dollar for each one of those free ones, then the rest are free—hey, it’s cheaper than the newspaper), you get unlimited access to any article from any publication on Medium.
So to convince you, here are 5 great humor pieces from this week alone from Slackjaw, the premiere humor publication on Medium:
- How To Have “The Talk” With Your Child About Weinerville by Caleb Coy
Yes, that’s me. It’s mine. But hey, I’m real proud of it. And my brother is real proud of it. Sooner or later, you might have to talk to your child about getting weinerized.
- Quiz: Are You At A 90 Minute Hot Power Yoga Class, Or A Medieval Public Execution? by Luke Strathmann
“Everyone’s dehydrated, and sometimes there are goats.”
- Real Friends Never Say “Good-Bye.” They Say “I Should Really Let You Go” And Then Keep Talking by Lily Hirsch
“If I said “good-bye,” you’d basically assume I’m dying. And a real friend would never make you deal with death when no one has actually died.”
- Introducing The Tragedy Flag: The First Ever Flag Made To Stay At Half-Staff by Adam Dietz
“With The Tragedy Flag, you’ll never have to mournfully lower your flag again! And you’ll never have to raise it again either, not that you ever get a chance to on account of the daily gun violence.”
- The Philosophy Major’s Guide To Small Talk by Alex Baia
“Need help finding anything?”
“Not unless I have free will.”