WHAT WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEK IF A PUBLIC FIGURE GOES TO A GATHERING, GIVES UTTERANCE OF SOMETHING POTENTIALLY OFFENSIVE OR MISLEADING, AND THEN MAKES HEADLINES
Posted in Chuckles, Polity Tagged Bill Maher, Bill Nye, Blaze, CNN, Donald Trump, fox news, Geneva Convention, Glenn Beck, harper lee, Heath Ledger, John McCain, kentucky, Lao Tzu, Maya Angelou, Michael Richards, MSNBC, news, Obama, Pat Robertson, Phil Robertson, politically incorrect, politics, rand paul, Sarah Palin, subway, Ted Nugent, ten commandments, Tina Fey, tom brady
It’s been a whole summer since the decision in Giles Co. VA to remove the ten commandments from a public display and replace them with an alternative. This week many students will be going back to school, and some might even notice this new display when they pass by it. Maybe.
I didn’t go up on a mountain, didn’t have a personal conversation with God, and my face is not glowing. But I have read his book, his good book, and I can’t give you any new commandments. Not that I need to.
Posted in Education, Faith Tagged america, commandments, constitution, county, Giles, giles co, giles county, god, history, posted, public school, religious freedom, schools, ten commandments
Top 10 Reasons why
This link is funny:
1. It’s true
2. Bible humor is always funny to Christians
Sojourners isn’t even a comedy site, but a site dedicated to discussing Christianity and social justice issues.
4. It makes allusions to the text
Stuff Christians Like, which is a nod to the website and book Stuff White People Like.
5. Trae Bailey was the first person to like my twitter link to the article, as I predicted he would be. You can read his new blog
here, by the way.
6. The author’s first name is “Christian”. Surely that’s a joke too.
7. Below the article are four different links that are also lists, lists of cliches Christians use too often. You should check those out too.
8. The comments are pretty funny.
9. The fact that I created this blog post in response is also pretty funny.
10. I don’t know, but I’m sure I’ll come up with another one later. I had to have ten.